Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Of Carts & Cabs

What's wrong with people? I hate to generalise but, over the weekend, I've realised some people can really be lost in their own world, sparing not a thought for people around them.

I was at this megamart at Suntec City. I must first applaud the management for creating a vibrant wet-market like environment in an air-conditioned arena. Sure was fun.

However, add in the cart-pushing housewives and a few stray uncles, the situation could become chaotic. If you know me, I'm stick-like - not much excess flesh on the sides. Still, I was bumped left, right and from behind. Those coming straight at me, I physically caught hold of the cart and steered it away from my oh-so-precious schlong.

Some didn't even bother giving a second look after bumping into fellow Carrefourers, much less apologise. My Gawd! Where's the courtesy that's for free? Thought us Singaporeans would be a cultured, considerate lot with the iconic durian that is the Esplanade. Sigh...

Worse still, as I was walking along precariously down this single lane aisle, a lady saunters along with a cart into my path. To avoid any collision, I step to one side and let her pass. Apparently seeing my sweet gesture, she still stops her cart inches in front of me, picks up a Gilette shaving cream and gives the tin a customary once over. I was stumped, both spiritually and physically. She left me stuck in the aisle wondering why such a beeeeee..itchhhhhh exists?!

Caught a movie afterwards. Felt better after napping through Star Wars (yes, intergalactic pyrotechnics don't turn yours truly on), I made my way home. Travelling along Marina Boulevard, I suddenly notice the cab in front of me slowing down to a complete stop. Driver was eyeing a group of kids on the pavement, willing them to become passengers. Now, this cab was on the second lane from the right!!!

As I slowed, he did not budge. I stopped, flashed my beams, horned once. He still did not flinch. I try to stay calm and filter to the next lane and move on. At the traffic light ahead, the same cab comes behind me flashing and horning. His cab was empty - probably blaming me for scaring away his prey with my high beams.

He should go shopping in Carrefour some time.


redcocoon

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

orr... lo lo..

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh..with a wave of my baguet,i will dem away..to pakistan,to india,to south africa,to egypt..until dey obtain enlightenments...eh?still here lehh..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home