Friday, June 17, 2005

Bangkok ... Patpong's Twilight Knights

Although this was my 3rd trip to Bangkok since adulthood, I never saw Patpong as I saw it this time. This time round, we really walked almost every lane in the area. Colourful, I must say.

The most memorable image I have of Bangkok would be touts carrying a small laminated white piece of paper. On the paper are simple sketches of a naked male and female, becoming one, in assorted positions. Though I did not really scrutinize the text on the paper, I kept seeing and hearing the words "Ping Pong Show". I was in my previous schools' "ping pong" teams but never quite saw the sport as a show. It took some seconds to register that it actually meant the already obsolete "Tiger Show". Not bad, even these raunchy revues evolve.

Images of showgirls popping ping pong balls from their muffs came to my mind and I giggled like a small boy. Haha! While curious, one can't be too careless about just going into any club a tout tries to usher you into. So, we took the moral highroad and said, "Later". A few shops down the lane, my mind was still seeing ping pong balls.

On the advice of my good friend,ahtiong73 (http://ahtiong73.blogspot.com) , we went around looking for King's Castle 3. King's Castle 1 apparently had normal looking ladies, King's Castle 2 prettier, and King's Castle 3 the post-op lady-boys. While looking for the place, saw the series of King's Castles, another series of Queen's Castles and many others. It seemed obvious they were mainly controlled by the King's Group, a monopoly of sorts.

Found the place, went in, overwhelmed was my first reaction. Never have I seen so many pretty men all in 1 room. Took a seat with my woman right in front of the platform with stainless steel poles taking centre stage. It was lady-boys galore!

While I wasn't turned on in that sense, it was hard not to appreciate the very feminine figures presented in front of us. It was a weird feeling that set me wondering if the human mind is able to look past the biological typecast and accept things as they are on the surface - very much like appreciating a piece of fine oil painting, without caring too much if the artist was a male, female or lady-boy. Right there, it was clear many men there had already cast aside gender bias and eagerly appreciating the fine work of plastic surgeons.

Then, still lost in thought, 1 particularly curvaceous lady-boy who looked very Japanese sauntered over and "accidently" bumped her boobs into my elbow. Startled and fearing I might have knocked over somebody's jugs of beer (yes, pun very intended), I turned around and apologized. She said, "it's ok" and returned my politeness by pulling down her bikini top to reveal a pair of too-perfectly rounded bosoms.

Still abit culture-shocked, I vaguely remember her climbing onto the table-top and lay in front of us and struck a pose a la sleeping Buddha. She tucked down her G-string and pointed to us to slip a note down her crotch. Wa lau eh, blur...

Trying to avoid her direct stare, I start looking around the bar. Then I realize that there are not as many bouncers as there are in the other bars. If my memory does not serve me wrong, from an article I read, even with all the hormonal injections, these lady-boys are still men internally, meaning they're still as strong. I believe these Knights of King's Castle can still pack a punch.

I hope those farangs are wise enough not to cause trouble at King's Castle 3, for looks can be very deceiving...


redcocoon

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Told ya it'll be fun...

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Excuse me just a question. I heard talking about Thailand here. I'm about going on holiday to Asia. I would like some info on Pattaya in Thailand. I would know if It's a good place to go with family or should I choose another place? Thank You so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home