Monday, July 04, 2005

Days of Being ... In a Team

Just the other day, I was at Marina Bay for the Singapore Dragon Boat Festival. My woman and I were there to cheer a good friend who joined the team for many reasons, all good ones though. Seeing him all lean again reminds me that I should go back to my Muay Thai sessions after a 6-month hiatus.

The moment we stepped into the event area, we could feel the electrifying atmosphere. The groups of people from different institutions wearing colour coded t-shirts, the drums, whistles and the cheers to egg their teams on. Sure, the cheers don't change much over the years, the drums and whistles are still the mainstay in most competitions; but the competitive atmosphere and the vibes going through me reminded me of all the glory days during school tournaments.

Even as a non-participant that day, it sure felt good cheering my friend on, seeing clearly through my binos how he put himself on the line at every oar-stroke made me awe-struck. It was a rush seeing how the team drew closer to the other teams towards the fininshing line, and how the other team members cheered to will the boat closer to the frontrunners.

The team finished fourth, just a second from the 3rd team. But it's a fantastic acheivement for a team that was formed just 3months ago and where it's participants have irregular work schedules. Kudos to the entire team!

Being there made me yearn for the days of being in a team. The camaraderie, the cheering, the sweat, the tears, the adrenalin rush..... WOOOSAAAA!!!!!


redcocoon

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude thanks for cheering me on that day. Hmm you write better, I link this blog from mine, save trouble, heh heh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home