Monday, August 29, 2005

Complimentary Letter to Cafe Cartel

Just the other night, me and my woman bought tickets for Bewitched. The show left me more bewildered at the end of it. I rank it in the same category as The Brady Bunch. If anyone caught the movie version of the wholesome family years back, you'd know what I mean.

Anyway, we decided to settle our dinner at Cafe Cartel, seeing that it had an attractive and extensive food menu. After being served our meals, I thought your restaurant had one of the best sauces in the world, and it was free! It sure deserves some airing on my blog. So, here goes...


Dear Cafe Cartel
I must compliment you on the wonderful meal I had at your restaurant just the other night. I must say you serve the best sauce in the world and I didn't have to pay a single cent for it! Now that's what I call taking care of the customer's palette.

The sauce was pepper sauce, Tabasco Brand Pepper Sauce. For me, this sauce can brighten up any dish. Hot and spicy with a sour tinge. It sure worked to it's full potential at your restaurant.

Since watching an episode on the now defunct Discovery Travel and Adventure, where they featured the famous Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich, I've always wanted to try it. But as the place isn't a mainstream attraction, it's pointless for me to walk the streets of Philadelphia just for the sandwich. When I saw you had this signature dish on your menu, it was a no brainer for me. What enticed me most was your description of the melted Swiss cheese, as I fantasized about the hot melting cheese oozing out from the sides of the sandwich. Ummmm, yum yum...

My wifey ordered the St. Louis Ribs and added $3.90 to make it a complete set with soup and free flow bread. While waiting for the food, my woman went to get the bread. It took her more than 10minutes to come back with 4 pieces of bread. I guess the free flow was choked up somewhere. Oh ya, the butter was rock hard cold too.

The ribs and soup came within 5 minutes of ordering, while my woman was still stuck at the free flow bread counter. Express service, I must say. Your kitchen must come well equipped with a boiling kettle for the instant soup you served me and with a well-functioning microwave oven to heat up the ribs and soggy fries. Tabasco Brand pepper sauce, I recommended my woman, to spice up the bland food.

For me, after another 5minutes of anticipation, it came! My first Philadelphia cheese steak. But something was missing. That's right - the hot melting cheese oozing from the sides! It was nowhere in sight. So I lifted up the top bun and lo and behold! The melting cheese was conveniently replaced by a thin coat of mayonnaise. If I remember correctly, melted cheese is one of the hallmarks of the sandwich. Your restaurant musta ran out of the cheese, probably still in transit from Switzerland? However, kudos to your "chef" for taking the initiative to replace the missing cheese with something cheesy. A prized staff, I must say - not disturbing the customer, me, when an important ingredient was not available, such unnecessary information, eh?

I realised the steak was out cold too. It was then that I remembered, Tabasco Brand pepper sauce! I emptied what was left of the small bottle onto my sandwich and chomped down on the sandwich, ummm... nice sauce! Your friendly staff even offered to bring me another bottle, free! I was flushed, both by his service and by the spicy sauce.

All in all, I must compliment you on the most wonderful sauce, at no cost to me, for adding spice to an otherwise bland dinner...


redcocoon

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i, i wanna, COMPRAIN!!!

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahahah...which branch is dat? Excellent restaurant in the making!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home