Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Unexpected , Unexpectedly ... Just About the Best

On the eve of National Day, my pal and I made it a point to have an all guy night's out, without the women in tow. Overall, it was a blast, like the good ol' times. Come to think of it, we've known each other for more than half our lives!

His sis would be performing at the open-air area by the Esplanade. Free concert, good company and no work the next day - smells like a great night out. Met at Marina Sq, ordered a monster of a burger from Carl's Junior and made our way there. Parked ourselves on the steps of the bayfront and chomped down on the food, while enjoying the riverview in front and performers on the side.

When the concert was about to start, we made our way to the front of the stage, which I later learnt was not a good idea cos for this period, the front row was reserved for our ghostly counterparts.

Shirlyn, my pal's younger sis, started the show with a bang, carrying it through with some mainstream and some lesser known songs. At times, I felt like was partying at Hard Rock Cafe during its hay days. It was sweet nostalgia.

How would I describe the band? I've seen them perform several times. They are good generally. But that night, as I saw them from right in front of the stage. I think they're great, she's great. Her range of vocals catered easily to the different genres of music. Spunky, very soulful, energetic and without a hint of breathlessness. It was then that I decided that they're probably the best band around now, easily joining the great bands of yore. However, I wish the other members would move a little more, just to get into the thick of things.

The concert ended in about an hour's time. I wish it didn't, for at this stage in life, that nostalgic vibe is hard to come by, but when it does, you wish it doesn't slip by in an instance. True to age old wisdom, a bitch at another venue touched a nerve that really pissed the good mood out of me that I shall dedicate my next post on her. But hey, you don't let such things affect you for too long.

Thank you, The Unexpected, for that great night.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good night out at Wala, Dude. So did you shout my name at Thumper??!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home