Sunday, November 06, 2005

Placebo, si bo?

The urge to quit puffing has been getting stronger recently. A friend's sister and husband managed to quit just awhile back, with the help of a prescribed drug.

Apparently, this drug, when consumed with proper dosage and care, would turn you off the smell of cigarettes. Simply said, you don't like the smell, you don't smoke. However, you still have to overcome the habit of not holding a fag in your hand and the act of inhaling it.

This friend of mine went on to get the drug himself and has been proudly reporting his achievements thus far. Not totally off the fag yet, but smoking significantly lesser. He jokingly offered to give me two days' worth of pills - two tabs actually - but I turned it down cynically,"You sure it's not just Vitamin C? Placebo, si bo???"

I remember trying out another drug a few years back but it sure felt more like a feel-good pill. After taking it, you feel better instantly but wonder if it's really taking effect, or you think it's really taking effect. Ultimately, it's really you telling yourself it's time to stop.

Due to a bad throat, I've stopped smoking. As I write, with shivering hands and running nose, I'm on to my 4th puff-free day. Haven't really told anybody yet cos I wanna be real sure this time. Hopefully, this time it's for real.

Hopefully, without the help of an expensive drug, I can truly call it a day. Then, I can buy myself a better ride with the money saved. If not, at least I tried?


redcocoon

4 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Hachiko Monogatari said...

Where there's a will there's a way. Press on, don't give up, OK?

Ganbatte ne!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

brudder....endure..!!!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger redcocoon said...

haha thanks guys! made it thru the 4th day...

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cold turkey...not a gd idea..it shld b cut down gradually,heard fren he actually got asthma after gg cold turkey..gd luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home