Saturday, December 24, 2005

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

My favourite time of the year is here. Merry Christmas to one and all!

This year, I have many things to be thankful for. Since Thanksgiving is not a big thing here, I'll say my thanks now.

Just a week ago, I finally saw falling snow for the first time in my life. Prior to that, what I experienced was melting snow, not unlike the kind you see in a bowl of ice kachang. But this time, I actually caught little specks of fluff falling from the sky, feeling like a little kid each time a snow flake landed on my palm, giving me a sweet, tingling chill. And of course, I finally got to ski too, all in the accompaniment of a wonderful lady.

Like Brutus Thornapple explained in today's funnies, the spirit of Christmas is really what's left in the room with you after unwrapping the presents, fun making and jolly drinking.

I had my spirit-of-Christmas moment in Union Square, San Francisco. It was the weekend before Christmas and everyone was abuzz with his/her last minute shopping. It was raining the whole day, creating a nice chill to the air, but not dampening the moods of shoppers. We took a deserving break at Starbucks. As I sat there, the surrounding was just magical, very "Dean and Deluca-esque". If you watched Felicity, you'd know what I mean. People were in their own little worlds having small talk, coffee was brewing, and piped music playing in the background. That's when I realised that the spirit of Christmas rests on the person sitting opposite you. The lights, the mood, and the smell of Xmas are all just props on an empty stage without the leading lady.

Yes, I am thankful for that.

Tonight, we will be having a gathering at my place. There'll be 2 sets - first, family; then, friends. This entire night would not have materialised if not for the hostess and mistress of the house. I am proud to say I just sat there and looked good throughout the entire preparation.

It's been a very busy year for me. Without the family and friends, all would not have been possible this soon. I am certainly thankful for this.

It would be our first Xmas in our new place. As I sit here and reflect on the year that has passed and wonder if I have been a good boy, I can't help but smile. I am already having so much fun.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Smashing 2006.


redcocoon

2 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, nice party. and yes, credit should go to the lady of the house. Beginning to understand how nice it is to have THE person next to you....

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah tiong:gd luck 2u.

RC:u lucky devil!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home