Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Things haven't quite been the same this lunar new year. Yup, this year, I have a new bride, a new ride, and take pride in reaching a new "status" - the right to give ang pows. Broke, but happy. Haha!

While I have been doing the same visits every year for the last 3 decades, I still look forward to them. The titbits and snacks may be the same, the entire ritual may not vary much, but I can't help but get excited about Chinese New Year. There is just something very heartwarming about the whole occasion that keeps me grounded. I hope this feeling comes back every year.

There're still a few more days for me before starting work proper. I intend to just sit back and lap up the festive mood, while others prepare to get back to the daily grind.

Well, while it lasts, I'd like to wish a Very Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year to one and all!


redcocoon

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where's my ang pow ah?!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home